Wip: Blackhide Wrastler

Arrived last Friday but due to real life issues, I was not able to even start looking at it until Sunday evening, I think for me (snail pace painter) I have done well. The Wrastler was a great figure to play about with. I opted to bend the left arm downwards and avoid the surfing Lucha Libre look, it's a minor  modification but one I feel goes a long way to improving the look of the figure.


Due to the scales and armour detail, this was a very heavily textured figure to paint and I wanted to avoid the dry brushed look as much as possible, as a result it probably took longer than needed to get to this stage. The ropes around the arms deserve special mention for annoyance as I individually picked out each knot to highlight, shade, re-highlight and re-shade. Again a lengthy process but one (I feel) has given good results. 

I am just waiting for the base to dry (24 hours) and am a little anxious as it is my first foray into creating swampy, muddy bases. I have tried to give the mud a wet look (using MIG pigments) but right now it is looking a little too glossy, I am hoping that some bits of 'swamp grass' will help break up the solid blocks of glossy mud and compliment the water effect...fingers tightly crossed.

Inspired? Pick up your Blackhide Wrastler from: Wayland Games - Discount Wargames

Thanks for reading,
DiStudios
The 14th Legion