Heresy Era Dark Angels Project 2010

It is with great joy that I share my latest wargaming project: Rogue Trader Dark Angels

When this blog first started, there were numerous articles featuring the start of my Pre-Heresy Deathguard army; which I had a lot of fun sculpting and converting...However this Pre-Heresy madness had actually started a year earlier and with what I called at the time the "Terran 1st Legion" or more commonly; the Dark Angel's Legion, at the time I was using the same 'Doghouse' build technique for my space marines which again meant a lot of time investment.


Forge World's release of the Pre-Heresy armour variants has re-sparked my interest in Space Marines once again, in particular MK VI Corvus 'beakie' armour. Some 22 years ago I started with the Imperial Space Marine's boxset (RTB01) and in tribute of those child hood memories I have decided to construct a 'Rogue Trader' themed Dark Angels army. The intention is to have lots if not all Corvus armour and some converted vehicles to maintain a authentic Rogue trader feel, the main thing readers will notice will be the eventual colour scheme of black power armour and a red nose stripe.


I have been working on the first Tactical Squad and a Terminator squad, using a plethora of Forge World resin parts; the initial project will be 1000 points and depending on personal interest may grow larger. This project is a welcome addition and break from painting hordes of Khador miniatures. As they say, variety is the spice of life!

Thanks for reading,
DiStudios
The 14th Legion

*To keep up to date with all Dark Angel project updates, join the Legion by becoming a follower - see left column*